Monday 24 September 2012

Before starting this Media project, I was not a horror movie fan and had not seen many of them. I had not seen many horror films and so I decided to try to have a look at different horror movies to get an idea of what they were like. I thought that looking at some of the best horror films would help me do this so that I could get an idea of how to create my own. To do this I looked at The Guardian's list of 25  best horror films of all time. 
  1. Psycho
  2. Rosemary's Baby
  3. Don't Look Now
  4. The Wicker Man
  5. The Shining
  6. The Exorcist
  7. Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror
  8. Let the Right One In
  9. Vampyr
  10. Peeping Tom
  11. The Innocents
  12. Ring
  13. The Haunting
  14. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  15. Dead of Night
  16. The Cabinet of Dr Caligari
  17. Halloween
  18. Bride of Frankenstein
  19. Les Diaboliques
  20. Dracula
  21. Audition
  22. The Blair Witch Project
  23. The Evil Dead/Evil Dead II
  24. Carrie
  25. Les Vampires
Out of the above list, I have highlighted the movies that I had already seen before starting the project or seeing the list.Other horror movies that I have seen are;


1.The Orphanage. 

A Spanish horror movie based around a woman called Laura, who grew up in an orphanage and returns to this orphanage with the intention of turning the now derelict home into a home for disabled children. Problems with the house begin when her son Simon gains an 'imaginary' friend with whom Simon later goes missing.









2.Paranormal activity.
Katie and Micah believe they are being haunted and set up video cameras around their house in order to capture what is haunting them. The film is presented as if the footage has been found and a commercial production.




3. Shutter Island

Marshall Teddy Daniels is investigating the escape of a patient from a psychiatric facility on an isolated island.

4. Black sheep



5. Sleepy Hollow

6. Sinister













Although I have not seen many horror movies, I have found that my personal favourite type of horror movies are psychological,  supernatural or 'ghost' movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment